Our laboratory offers the following cosmetic analysis and testing services:
- Chemical analysis and deformulation of all components to obtain list of ingredients for the label. Includes skin creams, skin cleaners, moisturizers, lipstick, sun-blocks, sun-screens, deodorants, shampoos, hair products, personal products, feminine products, etc.
- Special analyses for trace minerals including USP heavy metals to meet FDA requirements.
- Analysis and identification of dyes and pigments to meet FDA requirements.
- Consulting regarding product label claims and FDA requirements.
- Microbiological analysis of bacteria and mold to meet FDA requirements.
- Determination of SPF values (in vitro and in vivo)
- Determination of skin irritation, 20-50 subjects.
- Reformulation including improvement of formulas and addition of preservatives, stabilizers, etc.
- Formulation and creation of new cosmetic products.
- Deformulation of cosmetic products,
- Shelf-life determinations by accelerated aging tests.
- For example, 30 days storage at 75% RH and 40 deg.C.